Spring is my favorite season!! I love the not-too cold, not-too hot temperatures. I love the warm sun and the promise of flowers and green trees. My favorite part is the rain, and thunderstorms!!! There are so many fun family activities to do during this beautiful season.
Although Spring never feels very long… it’s like Winter one week and Summer three weeks later. I’ve put together a list of the BEST family activities to do this Spring! See if you can squeeze some of these family activities into this short season.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Make a recipe using fresh lemons
- Splash in puddles (adults too!)
- Go on a bike ride
- Make THESE Healthy Breakfast Muffins
- Put a container outside before a rainstorm and measure how much rain you collected afterwards
- Have a picnic in your yard
- Wait until after a rainstorm and play MUDDY kickball (or football, baseball, soccer…). See who can get the muddiest! (this is a favorite childhood memory of mine)
- Go explore a pond or river for wildlife
- Go on a nature sensory hike (what do you see, hear, feel, smell, and taste?)
- Identify birds (we love referencing THIS book when we see birds in our yard)
- Make chili or homemade chicken noodle soup before the weather gets too hot for it!
- Build a bird house or make bird feeders
- Plant seeds and watch them grow
- Visit a farmers market
- Stand outside in the pouring rain (and dance!)
- Make healthy smoothies
- Make homemade pizza and play family games (see our favorite family games HERE)
- Visit the zoo
- Have a Family Spring Cleaning Day! (or weekend), make fun games out of the chores/tasks – celebrate with ice cream afterwards
- Make a PVC pipe water or sand table
- Make homemade ice cream or sorbet
- Read outside
- Feed the ducks (corn, lettuce, peas, oats – no bread!)
- Make an obstacle course in your backyard
- Have a tea party and read poetry
- Bust out the sidewalk chalk and bubbles!
- Fly a kite
- Make Easter-themed art
- Make paper airplanes
- Play with water beads (great for sensory bins!)
- Plant an herb garden
- Paint rocks, leave them around your town for other people to find
- Make dirt pudding cups
- Plant a tree
- Invite friends over for a BBQ
- Paint pictures using watercolors, mail them to Grandparents or someone special
PIN FOR LATER!!
Please follow and like us: