Finding a babysitter isn’t always easy. Back in the day, the neighbor kid (who was always available) would come over and watch your 3 kids for $4 an hour and be thankful for giving them something to do! PS – I was that kid!
My, how times have changed. Whether you’re having a hard time finding a babysitter, or your budget doesn’t allow for one as often as you’d like – these at-home date night ideas will leave you feeling connected to your spouse, without leaving the house or breaking the bank.
You can wait until the kids are in bed, or set up a movie night for them in a separate room where they won’t be interrupting your hot date!
- Chopped Challenge – Pick 3-4 ingredients that you already have at home, and give yourselves 15-30 minutes to make them into a dish or two, such as an appetizer and dessert. My husband and I did this once and it was one of the most fun date night ideas we’ve ever done.
- Play Video Games – I am NOT a video gamer at all, nor are my kids (yet). But we were recently handed down a Wii and every now and then we get it out for the family to play. This would make for a super fun date night – two responsible, hard working parents – rocking out to guitar hero or battling each other in an intense Wii ping pong game!
- Do a Puzzle – I LOVE puzzles, and my husband HATES them. Normally I have a friend of mine over for puzzle and wine night and we tackle a 1,000 pc puzzle with a movie playing in the background. You can find puzzles for $0.99 at Goodwill – just hope to God all of the pieces are there… talk about #rage!!
- Play a Board Game – This is another thing I love doing and my husband does not, but he is a sport and does it anyway. Check out Our Favorite Family Board Games!
- Watch a classic movie while giving each other foot massages.
- Try a new drink while sitting outside/watching the sunset, whether it’s a new beer or wine you’ve never tried – or look on Pinterest for fun cocktail recipes!
- Make s’mores over a bonfire.
- Learn a new card game.
- Dance to slow songs (include your wedding song!).
- Play indoor basketball – do you have a Little Tikes basketball hoop? My husband and I have played some intense games of “PIG” or “HORSE” after the kids go to bed. Seriously… one of the most simple date night ideas, but SO FUN!
- Have a nerf gun war!
- Paint at home – we’ve been to Painting With A Twist a couple of times, I love it! But that’s $70 per couple, plus overpriced drinks. You can buy your own canvas and paint from Michaels or Hobby Lobby and find your own painting ideas on Pinterest!
- Binge watch a TV series – Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones… soooo many to choose from!
- Make card houses.
- Play the LETTER GAME (bands, movies, cities, famous people, etc…) For example let’s go with band names: I say “Red Hot Chili Peppers”, then the other person has to name one that STARTS with the LAST letter from my answer, so “S”.
- Work on a house project!
- Ask each other a bunch of questions. Need help? Check out this book!
- Play “Would you rather…”.
- Look through photo albums or watch family videos.
- Learn something together (how to juggle, a magic trick, etc…). I had wanted to learn how to juggle for years! One night, my husband pulled up a YouTube video and we practiced together. It was so much fun, and I’ve been juggling for a few years now 😉 The next day, he even made me juggling balls using tennis balls and balloons!
- Attempt to make a tricky dinner. Chicken cordon blue, sushi, rack of lamb…
- Beer tasting! Find a store where you can purchase single bottles, grab some that you normally would never try!
- Build an epic fort for adults only. Bring pillows and blankets and camp out for the night!
I hope you and your partner try out some of these fun date night ideas, I would love to hear any other ideas from YOU!
Check out: 10 Books That Will Change Your Marriage!
PIN FOR LATER!!